Monday, April 13, 2009

Busybugz has been busy!

Busybugz has indeed been busy which is why she has not posted any new blog posts lately. We're all packed, more or less, for the trip. I'm excited, anxious and hopeful all at the same time. I'm praying hard that DH will pass his exams this time. He's been working so hard and I can see how drained and tired he is.


Osh Osh is excited. He keeps asking me what we're going to do when we get there. I've informed him that it will be a long flight but I don't think he quite understands how long a 14 hour flight actually is. This is the first time he's taking such a long flight. Mummy is more apprehensive than he is. As they say, ignorance is bliss.

I've shown him photos of the friends we'll be staying with and meeting. He has tried hard to remember their names and with each new face, he asked, "What toys do they have?" [Note: no pressure on those who don't have toys...please do not rush out to buy any for Osh Osh!]. For kids his age, it's so easy to be excited and satisfied all at the same time. As long as there is something new and interesting to do or play, they are content.


The Easter weekend came and went rather quickly. The Easter service was moving with a testimony from a couple who has a baby with severe heart problems and brain defects. I was moved to tears when the wife spoke, especially when she said, "I know that God will not let me suffer more than what I can handle." Such strong faith. I definitely do not possess such a strong faith. Osh Osh kept asking me why I was crying but I couldn't answer him. The couple persevered and dealt with life the best that they could. That is the strength of the human spirit!

On a lighter note, I have submitted my second writing assignment yesterday. I don't think I will receive my tutor's comment any time soon as it is still the Easter holidays. I'm hoping that my time away and the change in environment will refresh and inspire me to write more. At present, a lot of my writing and thoughts are negative. It's so much easier for me to continue thinking negative thoughts. Yes, it's a habit.


I won't be online much for the next 2 weeks. I'll definitely write updates when we are back. Praying hard that it will be good news! :) Yes, chin up, head high, stand tall and I won't forget to breathe!

No comments: