Friday, March 13, 2009

Jitters!

I know, I know... I don't write for weeks and now, I am posting another blog post! What has gotten into me??
This is a short one. I'm on a writing overdrive today. I blogged earlier, replied some personal email messages and here's the biggie! I completed my first assignment for my writers' course and sent the articles to my tutors. Boy, am I nervous! What would they say? Would they be kind? Would they "massacre" my work? If I were to bite my fingernails, I would have bloody hands now!
I was asked to hand in two short articles (between 300 to 500 words). The first one is to tell them why I want to write and what benefits I am seeking to gain from the course. The second part is to write a story (first person account) on an interesting event like a concert, a fair or a sporting event. Guess what I chose? I wrote about a fictional art and crafts fair at Osh Osh's school! I wonder if they will find that interesting. Anyway, I am too embarrassed, protective and even supersitious to share what I wrote with all of you. I don't want to jinx it! Am I making sense?
However, I promise that when I receive my tutors' comments, I will let you know the outcome. If they are good (or mildly humiliating but leaving my dignity in tact), I'll share my articles with you. ;)
Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments: