Friday, November 7, 2008

It's ok, Mummy, it's ok

I can't stay angry at Osh Osh for long. I'm not writing this because he made me angry recently. It's just that while I was doing my work today, I heard his voice in my head and it made me smile. A sense of contentment filled me.


So, what did I hear? Well, it relates back to something he did a month or two ago. I was tired after a long day at work. I wanted to get dinner ready and Osh Osh was playing with his toys on the coffee table. There were toys everywhere and not an empty place to put his plate of dinner down. I was fed up and impatient. One of those evenings when it would only just take one more thing to trigger an explosion in me.

I know not keeping his toys is not a major crime but I wasn't in the right frame of mind. I told him sternly to keep his toys and I can remember feeling tension creeping all over me.

Osh Osh looked up at me from where he was seated. He smiled and said, "It's ok, Mummy, it's ok". At that point of time, I didn't get what he meant. He repeated himself and then went back to play happily.

I can't remember exactly what happened next but I calmed down and realised that it's not the end of the world that he didn't want to keep his toys yet.

What a nice reminder to me. My 3 year old son has taught me a valuable lesson in life. No matter what happens in life, it's ok to just carry on playing...we don't have to allow stress to get the better of us.


That's why every now and again (like today) when I hear his voice saying, "It's ok, Mummy, it's ok", life just seems sweeter and I am able to smile.

No comments: