Monday, August 4, 2008

Rewind and fast forward

I'm sure all of you had days when you wished you could turn back the clock and do some things differently. I'm also pretty certain there are some days when you wished you could just speed things up and get to the moment that you've been eagerly anticipating.

Well, today's one of those days for me. I wished I could rewind what happened early this morning when we were getting Osh Osh ready for school. Mondays are always hard for him especially after a nice weekend with us. I wished I could rewind the time when I lost my temper at him for fussing in the morning. I wished I could rewind the time and take back some of the harsh things I said to him. I wish I could rewind the time and not be so cold towards him this morning.

Likewise, I wish I could have fast forwarded today's day at work and finished clearing all the things in my inbox faster. I wish I could have fast forwarded through my meetings and have a breather to relax even if it's just for 5 minutes. I wish I could have fast forwarded my journey home so that I could be with DH and Osh Osh sooner.

Finally, I wish that time could have stood still or moved in slow mode this evening so that all 3 of us could have a longer family time together. Osh Osh was very well behaved this evening and both DH and I were quite relaxed despite being really tired after work.

However, we all know that we cannot manipulate time in this manner so we just have to keep reminding ourselves to live in the present moment and not take things for granted.

Right now, I'm going to log off and spend some time talking to DH before calling it a night. Good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For me, it's usually me wanting to fast-forward the day to when it's bedtime for the kids (esp during the school hols like now!) and we can have our chill-out time in the evening.