Friday, August 1, 2008

Secret revealed!

I'm finally going to share why I chose to be called Busybugz. I believe my closest friends don't know this either so the cat's (or rather the bug! You'll soon know why - read on!) out of the bag!
These are Busybugz(s)!



They are the Busybugz Pop Up Books illustrated by Bill Bolton and edited by Sue Harris. If you want to find out more about the books, here's their official website link. http://www.busybugz.com/busybugz_popups.html

Here's what some of the pages look like:




They were my son's favourite pop up books when he was first introduced to pop up books at 6 months old. I came across them by chance in a bookshop one fine day and loved how colourful and vibrant the pictures are. The stories are told in sentences that rhyme. Even I felt cheerful and rejuvenated when I read them to Osh Osh. :) Needless to say, he loved them. He still looks at them once in a while now but I think his passions are now directed towards construction toys and race cars...sigh, they grow up so fast.

And no, in case you are wondering, Bill Bolton and his publishers did not pay me any money to advertise his books. :P I'm going through one of those nostalgic moments a mother often goes through when she sits and ponders about how fast her child has grown up. The Busybugz books hold many fond memories for me.

For example, when Osh Osh first started turning over by himself with his belly faced down, he would get so excited and tried hard to crawl towards his Busybugz books. So I would put the Busybugz books at a distance from where he was and he would crawl all the way until he reached them!

I remember being so proud of him because one time, with the Busybugz book as his only source of motivation ( I don't think he cared too much about his Mummy cheering and waving him on!), he crawled all the way from one end of the living room to the other! To me, I cheered as though he won the Olympics Gold Medal! :)

Mums, huh? ;)

1 comment:

Memory Trove Creations said...

hey ! have not come across Bill Bolton before and what a miss !! They look really fantastic. Shall keep in mind for no. 3 ... ha ha if that ever happens !