Saturday, September 27, 2008

Blowing "trouble bubbles" away

After my post on disappointment yesterday, I received a few concerned email messages from friends asking me how I am and if I needed a listening ear. A very good friend of mine who is on her way overseas to start a new life, sent me an email at 12 midnight, during her transit at one of the airports, just to encourage me. I am so touched!

I also received a long distance phone call from an old friend whom I've not heard in a while and a card from another friend, with a very encouraging note, arrived in the post today.

I believe this is God's way of telling me that I'm not alone and that there are so many good people out there who genuinely care for me.

Friends, you know who you are...thank you. I am truly blessed! :)

Today's post is about bubbles! I took Osh Osh to the small neighbourhood park to blow some bubbles this evening. He's been asking for it earlier today. He can blow bubbles very well by himself but he likes it when I blow the bubbles too. This is because I can blow more bubbles than he does. He will chase after these bubbles just to grab them with both hands and run back to me saying proudly, "I catch the bubbles...so many bubbles!"

As I watch him run happily after these bubbles, I have mixed feelings. I am happy that he is so happy and so innocent and pure in so many ways. At the same time, as much as I want these moments to fill my heart with joy in its entirety, I still feel saddened by my own personal problems.

Then a thought came to me. If only my problems were like these bubbles! They will burst when I grab them just like what Osh Osh does. Either that or I can let these trouble bubbles float away higher and higher until they burst by themselves or they vanish into oblivion. Sigh, if only life was this simple.

The reality is, as you and I both know, is that life is never this simple. I managed to speak to DH earlier today just as he was getting ready to leave his accommodation to head to the course centre. He said just leave my problems aside for now and we'll talk more when he is back.

There is no point in me going round and round in circles in my own thoughts trying to think myself out of this when I can't, at least not at this moment.

So for now, I'm letting my trouble bubbles float away...

No comments: