Friday, September 5, 2008

It's finally gotten to me!

The Flu bug,that is!

I wasn't feeling well since last week with a slight sore throat that just wouldn't go away. It became worse on Wednesday but I still went to work. Yesterday, I felt really ill at work but still worked a full day. By the time I got home in the evening, I wasn't much use to anyone.

This morning, I was woken up by Osh Osh coming into our room (DH was sleeping in the guest bedroom as he didn't want the alarm to disturb me - he has to go to work early). Osh Osh asked me to take off his diaper as it was wet. Then he didn't want to go back to his room and I was too tired to get out of bed so I asked him to bring his pillow over and join me in our bed.

He slept with me until his Daddy said it was time to go. Osh Osh initially didn't want to go to school and wanted to stay with me. He said, "I'm not well. I want to stay at home and sleep with Mummy". However, with some coaxing and prompting, he was ready to go.
Before he left with DH, he gave me his Spiderman soft toy and a picture of Thomas the Tank Engine (both his favourite things to take to bed nowadays) and asked me to hold them so that I would feel better.

I'm nowhere near 100% my normal self yet but at that moment, I really wanted to feel better for him! He's a sweetie!

No comments: