Wednesday, September 3, 2008

One of those days!

I had a bad start to the morning today. Osh Osh had a bad night with a blocked nose and cough. As a result, both DH and I didn't sleep well as we had to keep going over to his room to check on him and to make him more comfortable. To make matters worse, I am still recovering from a bad sore throat myself and I had a bad day at work yesterday.

So, when I woke up this morning, I was as grumpy as a mama bear who had just discovered that all her honey was stolen! I took it out on DH and Osh Osh. Of course, I feel very very guilty and remorseful about it now but at the heat of the moment, I lost my temper at both of them. Sigh.

When we dropped off Osh Osh at school today, it was a tearful goodbye as his favourite chair was taken by another child. Somehow, he was more emotional about it today - I guess it's a spillover effect from my loss of temper at him this morning. I was already feeling very drained even though it was only 730am. DH was very nice. He drove me to work (dropped me off one station before my office) and arrived late for work himself, just so that I don't have to brave the brunt of the rushover crowd.

I hope to make amends to both of them this evening!

No comments: